Triggering the Statute of Limitations: Ten Years After Schneider and in the COVID Zoom Zone
The program will be comprised of three parts:
- Section Annual Meeting, Report of Nominating Committee and Election of Officers
- “Triggering the Statute of Limitations: Ten Years After Schneider“
Lessons learned; case law update; triggering the SOL in final client communication.
- “The COVID Zoom Zone: Execution and Litigation in a Virtual World”
Mock demonstration with attorney witnesses and client; Status of Executive Orders and proposed legislation; potential pitfalls in due execution- strict compliance, testamentary capacity and undue influence; best practices to avoid/protect against litigation; overview of recent/current litigation with remotely executed documents.
Key Highlights and Takeaways
- Understand the impact of Matter of Schneider after 10 years, including best practices for planners and litigators, the 3 “Ds” (document, document, document); documenting triggering of SOL.
- The “do’s and don’ts” in remote execution, strict compliance with Executive Orders and helpful tips to protect document integrity and avoiding litigating Wills, Trusts and other documents executed virtually.